Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Dreams

What happened to my dreams

Some I see so vivedly

Others I barely see

Dreams lost to even me

Doctor seems out of my reach

Nurse practitioner not high enough for me

Lawyer still a possibility

Is it what I want really

What about pharmacy

Is this a goal I can meet?

This MBA thing

Just something to keep me on my feet

Where do I go from there

No clues in my reach

And on the family front

Seems like I'll never reach my dreams

No companion to share my life with

No father for my child

No new baby to bring more joy

Into our lifestyles

Not in the right taxx bracket

To live comfortably

Just repeating each day

A cycle boring me

Not satisfied at work

My brain is not used at all

I'm scared it will just burst

From knowledge held too long

Yet I continue to fill it

With things I may never need

Is this a waste of time.

I always thought knowledge was the key

Something that can never be taken

But what's the use

If it sits there unused

Will it fade away like the dreams

Sometimes that's what it seems

When I can't remember a simple equation

Or an element that should be easy to me

I feel like I'm aging to early

A senior in my twentys

Maybe that's just my story

How it's meant to be

Confused throughout my journey

In this life thrown to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment