Saturday, April 17, 2010

UGH

UGH
The saying goes “It’s better to give than receive”
All my life I’ve given
And look where it’s gotten me
No job, but full of degrees
Student Loans
With no home
Taking care of everyone else and their family
I forgot to care enough to take care of me
It wouldn’t be so bad if it was just me
But I have more responsibility
Everyone telling me how I should feel
Thinking they know everything
My shoes they can never fill
Just like I can’t fill theirs
Yet and still
I refuse to lie to myself
I got to this place by myself
Always tried to do what was right
Taught my son to say his prayers at night
I guess my mistakes were worse than the next
Cause my seed is paying for each one on the list
Only 9 and he deals with more than most men
He’s stronger for it in the end
Doesn’t make it ok
For him to suffer because of me
Solution so simple
Yet not so easy
Rewrite the equation
To balance equally
Just remove the problem
Then things should run smoothly
Can’t accomplish that
And end up where I want to be for eternity
In hell now
With no way out
Figuring out a plan
For this storyline to end

2 comments:

  1. this was amazing i follow you on twitter and want to show another writer love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I haven't written anything in over a year. I think I lost it :(

    ReplyDelete