Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hypocrites

Hypocrites
A friend of mine once said to me
We should all hang mirrors on our GLASS walls
Then maybe we can see
We are just as flawed
Sounded like a good idea to me
Then the problem hit me
People will only see
What they choose to see
They can look in the mirror
And see perfection
Not the insecurities
So adding more mirrors
Won’t force them to see
And they do just that
By adding people to reflect their inner being
They see the faults
Just not their own
So they sit there
And throw stones
What will they do
When their walls get hit
And their houses come shattering down
Does it take hitting bottom
To see imperfections
Or will they continue to blame
The world around them
Wouldn’t it be great
If the world could grow together
Oh how I wish
We could all get better
And fix everything that needs fixing
Help each other
Instead of pushing the next man down
And not taking in our own criticisms
Too busy being on the defensive
I’m beginning with my mirror
Listening more
But still being selective in what I take in
This is one thing
I hope becomes a trend

No comments:

Post a Comment