Wednesday, March 31, 2010

K.O.

KO
So you think you want to know about Double P
Please you can’t handle the complexities of me
You can’t even see what is in your face
The genuine signs I show everyday
Such a rare find
Value often overlooked
Until the date is too late
And Miss T comes into play
So many people think they know
And they come up with the dumbest things to show
Run and tell
I wonder if they feel dumb when they are wrong as hell
Steady thinking the pressure will break me
When in reality
The pressure is forming this diamond more and more beautifully
Shine becoming brighter and brighter by the second
Hope you at least have on shades
I really don’t want you to disintegrate
Cause it’s like looking at a Roman God in its true form
Or a solar eclipse
Not to be looked at directly
Maybe you should turn your head
I see you squinting when you try looking me in the eye
I know the shine is just too bright
Maybe one day you’ll grow enough to see
To realize we are all here for the same thing
To learn what we need to in the time we have
That really no one is better that the next
It’s our perceptions that needs to be fixed
Once you find the balance between being humble and proud
The judgment you have will reduce for the crowd
That you see around
I know this is supposed to be about me
But without people and the bonds I have
Where would I be
I’ve learned from the good, the bad, and the ugly
I would do it all again
Especially the painful moments
To learn and grow
Become the butterfly
From the caterpillar
I grew in my for years in my cocoon
Now I’m spreading my wings
And learning as the flight goes on
I’ll keep pushing til the end
Of my time in this realm
Making sure my business is taken care of
On the way I’ll continue to give all the love
And help that I can
Trying my best to leave a great impression on this land
A legacy that never ends
I’m smart enough to know
That I’m not where it began
And strong enough not to allow it to end
With me
But to pass it on
Mentor while I learn
It’s the only way to truly be
What point is there to know
And not to share
Knowledge/power
With who you can
I know that’s not most people’s plan
The greed causes them to think again
But I’ve never been one to follow the next man
Standing out has always been my plan
And I do it so well
Because I only know how to be myself
So if it’s not what you expected
Oh well
UnXpect’D is what I’ll always be
That K.O. will keep coming
Trust
Not only in poetry
Give it enough time
And you just might see

No comments:

Post a Comment