Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hurt

Hurt
Dam this hurts
Why would I listen to what his words said
When I could feel in his heart different
Or did I speak it into existence
Anyway I’m left again
Holding another bag
With nothing but pain within
Trying so hard not to be
A “bag lady”
As soon as I dispense of one
Another one comes
Fuller than the last
When will this all pass
How do I grab that other bag
The one full of happiness
The one that seems just out of my reach
Always helping someone else get there
But what about me
Maybe this is my purpose
To be a pit stop
On the way
While others are on the road
And actually reaching their pursuit
I’m just walking forever
Stuck in the twilight
With no end in sight
Can’t see the light at the end of this tunnel
Maybe I’m in a cave
Going deeper
And deeper
The darkness becoming thicker
Eyes adjusting by the day
My own little evolution
Evolving to survive
This environment
That it seems I’ll continue to live in
Is it by choice
Or is this God’s plan
Before you even begin
To tell me God wants everyone happy
Do some research into history
And the Bible and you will see
There are those here meant to never be happy
And plenty of times
I have to sit and wonder
If one of those is me

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete